RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Erie Hunt and Saddle Club strongly recommends that all
horses entering the grounds have a Negative Coggins
and current vaccinations recommended for this area.
- The Erie Hunt & Saddle Club will not be responsible for any damage,
injury or loss to persons, animals or property of exhibitors or
- Every class offered herein which is covered by the
current U.S.E.F. rule book will be conducted and judged in
accordance therewith: any class not covered shall have the rules
posted in the secretary’s office.
- Any horse or rider disrupting a class will be excused from the class.
- Rider’s age is determined as of December 1st, of the preceding year.
- Entries may be shown both English and Western with the
appropriate tack and attire. All tack changes must be cleared with the
announcer and paddock master.
- Stallions are prohibited in classes for Juniors.
- All horses exhibited in breed classes must show papers.
- Hobbles and lariats are optional in Stock Seat classes.
- For lack of entries, the show committee reserves the right to cancel
or combine classes as necessary.
- No refunds for scratched classes.
- In Equitation classes the rider is being judged, in all others the horse
is being judged.
- All dogs must be leashed.
- All riders in over fence classes or schooling must wear ASTM-SEI approved headgear.
- All Junior riders (17 and under) whenever mounted or driving must
wear ASTM-SEI approved headgear.
- Stalls are available (at regular shows) for owner of the horse at
$15.00 members / $25.00 non-members per day. Note: Stalls must be bedded. Shavings will be available for purchase or you may bring your own.
- Anyone wishing to reserve (or change) a stall must contact the EHSC Stabling
Chairman. Stalls may not be claimed prior to 3:00 P.M. on the day prior to
the show except by contacting the Stabling Chairman.
- All motorized vehicles must be driven by a licensed driver. This includes golf carts, scooters, 4 wheelers, etc.
- Hunter Classes:
- Standard nose bands must be used.
- Standing martingales are allowed in over fence classes only.
- No boots or wraps are allowed.